Life As I See It *sIGh*

me...me...me...and nothing like it

Google

Friday, May 27, 2005

TODAY

Well, today marks the day in the A2 exams for bioscience students whereby 6 out of 11 papers have been sat for! And of the five remaining, two are written papers and the other three are science practicals. So, you can imagine I'm slightly relaxed now. hehe =) But the last paper's the mother of them all, chem paper 6 whose notes are equivalent -if not thicker- than paper 4 and still count for considrably less marks.

So, today went on well. Chem paper 4 was decent, and mechanics only brought joy to my mind. And you know what I wanted to do so badly after that? Play futsal. Cause I haven't played futsal a freaking long time. BUT???? Nobody wanted to play. Everyone I asked only had one thing on their mind. Freaking DotA. Yes the b*tch of all games is back and running through the veins of much deprived A- Level students who have had their eyes fixed on notes and books for the past weeks. Anyway, good for them if that's their way of destressing, but I'd rather play futsal anyday anytime even if I don't excel in it at all. It's just more fun to me. *sIGh*....

So, Liverpool won the Champion's League on Thursday morning (our time). Meaning they are now effectively the best team in Europe, despite ranking a depressingly low position of 5th in the English Premier League- for European champions that is. I was rooting for Barcelona to win it this season, but sadly to say, they didn't play consistently enough to warrant a final. Speaking of consistency..... Liverpool are awful back home in England, but brilliant in Europe. Hard to explain but believe it, Liverpool are actually damn good in Europe. They knocked out Juventus and Chelsea on the way to the final. In the english league, they've been maddeningly inconsistent. Benitez must be pulling at his hair and wondering why. Yet behold such an amazing result in Istanbul. I still can't believe it even though I preferred them to win over Milan. I woke up at half time to catch the game (and what a right time it was) so I can't judge how badly they played in the first half. But what I can say is they were simply amazing in the second.

A Riise cross combined with a Gerrard header gave them their first goal, and pumped their spirits soaring. Gerrard was urging on his teammates like a captain should alright. And my my, he was influential. Gerrard for England captain, anyone? After Finnan went off, Liverpool were effectively playing a 3 man defence, but Gerrard managed to fill in at the right while making surging runs to push his team as well. Amazing this was, he was never caught out of position on the right even if he made a run upfield. I was surprised he didn't suffer the cramps. Next up, barely a moment later, a shot from Smicer that just managed to get in the goal after Dida's hand got a bit of the ball. And then the rebound from a missed penalty from Alonso. To be fair to Hamann, he was more effective than Alonso in the game. Hamann showed what he was capable off once more- breaking up attacks. Alonso, whose talent is making quick, accurate passes didn't have much to work with, especially after Cisse came on. Maybe he'll be at his devastating best if he was feeding Morientes instead. I felt Baros did quite well upfront and alone. Cisse didn't play too well this time. Carragher was superb. Helped on by Hyypia, he was simply immense at the heart of defence. What I'd like to see is Carragher in place of Ferdinand in the English defence. That'd be something.

So, heroes for the night? The whole team. Not forgetting Dudek, who raised his performance at such a timely moment. Hamann, Dudek, Smicer and Baros look to be leaving after this though. Too bad. They were great in accquiring the cup but Benitez has got to think of the future, and the domestic league. It'll be sad to see them go but changes have to be made and some of them were getting old. Wonder who Benitez will buy in the summer. Shevchenko, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home