life oh life
Dear Reader,
Have you ever thought of your past?
Thought of the things you've done?
Thought of the things you've gone through?
More specifically, how you've hurt others?
Or how've you've been hurt?
Or how about the way you responded?
Maybe, the way you've treated your 'friends'?
Or just the people around you day in day out?
How about your family?
Have you done enough for them?
Shown your appreciation and love?
Then again, how about your other loved ones?
Did you treat them well?
Were you treated well?
What about your religion?
Have you held an iron grip in what you believe in?
Have you held your own against those who chide you for it?
Have you ever thought about the things you could have done?
And have not even attempted to do?
Or the things that you've passed on by?
Maybe, the things you know you could have done but were too reluctant to do so?
Have you done something you can call your own?
Or something that makes you astoundingly proud of yourself?
Can you call yourself self-sufficient?
Or dependable?
Loving? Caring? Responsible? Anything??????????
Well, think about it. I have.
If I could go back to the past, there would be a lot of things I'd like to change about myself and the things I've done. Really. It's not that I'm a pessimist who can't see the future and bathes forever in the darkness of my past. No. I'm a realist. And thinking hard about my past makes me feel for my future. About the things I can do and things I should do. I feel, thinking about my past mistakes will guide me through my many years ahead of me. We should all learn from the wrongs our souls are convicted for.
Look not on the specter of the past, but at the vision of the future.
Have you ever thought of your past?
Thought of the things you've done?
Thought of the things you've gone through?
More specifically, how you've hurt others?
Or how've you've been hurt?
Or how about the way you responded?
Maybe, the way you've treated your 'friends'?
Or just the people around you day in day out?
How about your family?
Have you done enough for them?
Shown your appreciation and love?
Then again, how about your other loved ones?
Did you treat them well?
Were you treated well?
What about your religion?
Have you held an iron grip in what you believe in?
Have you held your own against those who chide you for it?
Have you ever thought about the things you could have done?
And have not even attempted to do?
Or the things that you've passed on by?
Maybe, the things you know you could have done but were too reluctant to do so?
Have you done something you can call your own?
Or something that makes you astoundingly proud of yourself?
Can you call yourself self-sufficient?
Or dependable?
Loving? Caring? Responsible? Anything??????????
Well, think about it. I have.
If I could go back to the past, there would be a lot of things I'd like to change about myself and the things I've done. Really. It's not that I'm a pessimist who can't see the future and bathes forever in the darkness of my past. No. I'm a realist. And thinking hard about my past makes me feel for my future. About the things I can do and things I should do. I feel, thinking about my past mistakes will guide me through my many years ahead of me. We should all learn from the wrongs our souls are convicted for.
Look not on the specter of the past, but at the vision of the future.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home