Pissed Beyond Words
Hey YOU.. yes, YOU!!
What's with all this nonsense? All this bullshit flying about in the air. It's so bad I can actually see it! I can feel it in the way you carry yourself! I can feel it in the way that you speak! Heck, I can even feel it in the choice of words that you use! Or your reluctance to speak on particular things! What's up, c'mon!!
I just don't get it. Why is it necessary for people to hold within themselves, deceit. Deceit is ugly. It's dark. It holds us against something that's just not us. It resides so deeply in the back of our minds where it should never rise to the surface. We shouldn't even give it a chance!
Why can't everyone be honest? Really, really honest! I can't see why there's so much need to continue to deceived the people around us. Really!
Look at me. I daresay I can call myself a really honest person. My conscience holds me down so hard, I couldn't even bring myself to deceive. Really. I'm honest to the point my words could be so straightforward it'll just cut deeply into your heart. Even Vasan calls me insensitive. I guess I can be pretty insensitive, but at least you'll know that whatever I say is the truth that resides in my mind. No deceit. Sheena once told me somehow, it's better to have someone who's just so bluntly honest so you really know what goes on in his head. Compared to someone who just feeds you a load of crap that makes you feel good about yourself, but goodness knows what the heck he feels and thinks of.
What would you rather? Answer's pretty simple for me. Honesty defines a person. It tells them apart. If everyone was lying and deceiving, then they'll all just be the same. Full of crap. Simple, isn't it?
"Tell me, Ben.... am I missing something here?"
What's with all this nonsense? All this bullshit flying about in the air. It's so bad I can actually see it! I can feel it in the way you carry yourself! I can feel it in the way that you speak! Heck, I can even feel it in the choice of words that you use! Or your reluctance to speak on particular things! What's up, c'mon!!
I just don't get it. Why is it necessary for people to hold within themselves, deceit. Deceit is ugly. It's dark. It holds us against something that's just not us. It resides so deeply in the back of our minds where it should never rise to the surface. We shouldn't even give it a chance!
Why can't everyone be honest? Really, really honest! I can't see why there's so much need to continue to deceived the people around us. Really!
Look at me. I daresay I can call myself a really honest person. My conscience holds me down so hard, I couldn't even bring myself to deceive. Really. I'm honest to the point my words could be so straightforward it'll just cut deeply into your heart. Even Vasan calls me insensitive. I guess I can be pretty insensitive, but at least you'll know that whatever I say is the truth that resides in my mind. No deceit. Sheena once told me somehow, it's better to have someone who's just so bluntly honest so you really know what goes on in his head. Compared to someone who just feeds you a load of crap that makes you feel good about yourself, but goodness knows what the heck he feels and thinks of.
What would you rather? Answer's pretty simple for me. Honesty defines a person. It tells them apart. If everyone was lying and deceiving, then they'll all just be the same. Full of crap. Simple, isn't it?
"Tell me, Ben.... am I missing something here?"

5 Comments:
At 27 December, 2005 08:21,
Anonymous said…
your honesty isnt offensive, paul. most are. and the world would be a very uncomfortable place if everyone made that clear. anyway, we dont need complete honesty from strangers, cos close friends should always be counted on for that :)
At 27 December, 2005 12:18,
Paul said…
oh well, i was refering to close friends.... mostly
At 27 December, 2005 17:54,
Anonymous said…
hahah. well i guess there's a difference when it comes to old close friends who have fallen out of touch. anyway agree with you about the pointlessness of having good friends who are to scared to be sincere :/
At 29 December, 2005 15:09,
Anonymous said…
There is a fine line between sheer honesty and plain tactlessness.
At 03 January, 2006 18:58,
Anonymous said…
How true.. how true.. Honesty without tact is not such a great thing. Have to find balance.
Even with someone close, being completely honest is not always the best thing espcially without tact.
Post a Comment
<< Home