Life's Like That
What can I say?
Disappointing?
Well, life's like that.
=(
Friday, instead of having CSS at 1pm as we Christians usually do, the powers that be decided that we had not held fellowship activities for quite some time already. Usually, just about the only fellowship we have on official CSS schedule is the welcoming party we hold for every new intake (meaning twice a year), I think. Other than that, and the hanging around in IMU or dinners after church, there isn't much else that we do for 'fellowship'.
Thus, the powers that be decided that we go as a group to watch V for Vendetta at 9pm in Mid Valley. Great plan? Sounds like one.
Only problem was, 5 people went. Don't get me off on the wrong note, I didn't go either. But I wanted to. Thing was, I watched it already and had absolutely no desire to watch a movie I didn't even like. I wanted to watch something else, but I won't ruin the fun and expectations for my friends just to make it worth my time. So, hats off to Jamie for going to watch the movie, again. As a matter of fact, I didn't give this much thought, until I read Jeremy's blog.
So it got me thinking. What's up with CSS? Or maybe the question should be, what's up with the members that constitute CSS? I know for a fact that only Jamie and I had watched the movie beforehand. So where did the rest go? Interesting question. No? What on earth could these other people be doing that was so much more important than having real quality fellowship time with our fellow CSS friends? And like I said earlier, official CSS fellowship outings are RARE. Apparently so, these other people don't really think very highly of the existence of CSS and it's purposes. Funny thing is, if some boring piece of crap is held at the usual time of 1pm, I'd see a lot more faces there. What's this? Are bible discussions or talks the only requirement of a group of Christians longing to love our dear God? If you ask me, I'd tell you they're there at 1pm out of obligation. Anything else planned doesn't matter. If you think going to CSS at 1pm to sit down and pretend to listen to crap brings you closer to God, you damn well better drown yourself.
That makes me even wonder what I'm there for. Amazing. I've never doubted the reasons for myself being there before.
Jeremy writes that other activities could have been planned instead. Well, if you really want to do something that does bring people together (in other words, fellowship) more effort has to be made, isn't it? Now it seems watching Vendetta almost sounds like a half ditch effort to pull some scrap together for a week without a plan in store. Jeremy's right. Something else could have been done. Lesson 'Fellowship 101' from CKK HOI could be in store here.
I could say so much more. I want to, believe me. But the above could piss people off. Imagine if I threw in all the other crap I know exists as well. If you read in the papers that I've jumped off some balcony, you know the truth.
Now I've got to stop. I don't know if I have the right to talk like this. At the end of the day, fact is I didn't go either...
Disappointing?
Well, life's like that.
=(
Friday, instead of having CSS at 1pm as we Christians usually do, the powers that be decided that we had not held fellowship activities for quite some time already. Usually, just about the only fellowship we have on official CSS schedule is the welcoming party we hold for every new intake (meaning twice a year), I think. Other than that, and the hanging around in IMU or dinners after church, there isn't much else that we do for 'fellowship'.
Thus, the powers that be decided that we go as a group to watch V for Vendetta at 9pm in Mid Valley. Great plan? Sounds like one.
Only problem was, 5 people went. Don't get me off on the wrong note, I didn't go either. But I wanted to. Thing was, I watched it already and had absolutely no desire to watch a movie I didn't even like. I wanted to watch something else, but I won't ruin the fun and expectations for my friends just to make it worth my time. So, hats off to Jamie for going to watch the movie, again. As a matter of fact, I didn't give this much thought, until I read Jeremy's blog.
So it got me thinking. What's up with CSS? Or maybe the question should be, what's up with the members that constitute CSS? I know for a fact that only Jamie and I had watched the movie beforehand. So where did the rest go? Interesting question. No? What on earth could these other people be doing that was so much more important than having real quality fellowship time with our fellow CSS friends? And like I said earlier, official CSS fellowship outings are RARE. Apparently so, these other people don't really think very highly of the existence of CSS and it's purposes. Funny thing is, if some boring piece of crap is held at the usual time of 1pm, I'd see a lot more faces there. What's this? Are bible discussions or talks the only requirement of a group of Christians longing to love our dear God? If you ask me, I'd tell you they're there at 1pm out of obligation. Anything else planned doesn't matter. If you think going to CSS at 1pm to sit down and pretend to listen to crap brings you closer to God, you damn well better drown yourself.
That makes me even wonder what I'm there for. Amazing. I've never doubted the reasons for myself being there before.
Jeremy writes that other activities could have been planned instead. Well, if you really want to do something that does bring people together (in other words, fellowship) more effort has to be made, isn't it? Now it seems watching Vendetta almost sounds like a half ditch effort to pull some scrap together for a week without a plan in store. Jeremy's right. Something else could have been done. Lesson 'Fellowship 101' from CKK HOI could be in store here.
I could say so much more. I want to, believe me. But the above could piss people off. Imagine if I threw in all the other crap I know exists as well. If you read in the papers that I've jumped off some balcony, you know the truth.
Now I've got to stop. I don't know if I have the right to talk like this. At the end of the day, fact is I didn't go either...

3 Comments:
At 03 April, 2006 21:33,
chowkueyteow said…
Boring piece of crap at the usual time of 1pm?
Hmmm. =)
At 03 April, 2006 22:55,
Paul said…
it's sarcastic. sorry, but typing doesn't give out the notion.
At 04 April, 2006 23:19,
chowkueyteow said…
Well, it could be phrased in another way, hehe... =)
Post a Comment
<< Home