Life As I See It *sIGh*

me...me...me...and nothing like it

Google

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

trust

When someone tells me that they feel they can't really trust anyone, I say "Surely there is one person you can still trust.. isn't it? I'm sure you can talk to somebody about what you have in your mind."

Now, I'm not so sure. Imagine this.

Let's say you trust person A. Or you think you do. So you tell A what's bugging you, and A listens, so you think that A is someone you can trust. Then A goes around telling all your 'friends' what you have said, and worse still, makes a meal out of all of it. So, the people that have heard the stuff A has had to say go around and talk about it as if it's something that appeared on today's evening news.

It's bound to come back to you.

In fact, it hits you like a train.

And the aftermath isn't exactly going to be a happy one.

After that has happened, don't you think you'll have difficulty trusting people in general?

To make things worse, people bug you expecting you to tell them what's going on. And then when you refuse to, they tell other people you're difficult. Or something along those lines.

Some things just don't stop. And it keeps going round and round.

Wow..... now I can relate. It's like waking up to a brand new day.

4 Comments:

  • At 25 October, 2006 22:16, Blogger senaiboy said…

    there's more than one side to that scenario i guess.. =/

    maybe you didn't make it clear to A that you don't want anyone else to know?

    or maybe A didn't meant bad when he/she tell the others? A might be looking for help from others for you when you couldn't?

    or maybe A juz thought your 'friends' should know what really happened.. rather than juz guessing and believing rumors instead?

    i guess.. things aren't always what they seem to be. dun be too quick to judge someone cannot be trusted..

     
  • At 27 October, 2006 09:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with wat senaiboy has said...
    It's true..
    There's always more than one side of a situation..

     
  • At 29 October, 2006 19:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say is, shit happens, person A may or may not have intentionally done what he/she did, but the bottom line is, be careful around people. Only a friendship tried and tested through time deserves trust. Otherwise, people tend to not think before they speak. You tell A, A accidentally lets slip what you told him in a conversation with some other friends, next thing you know, it's all over town. Who's fault is it? Your's for trusting A, or A's for not keeping his mouth shut?

     
  • At 11 November, 2006 19:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been blessed to know people whom I can trust. But there are certain issues that I only share with someone whom I know will never disappoint me and whom i can trust with all my heart. I can pour my heart out to Him, cry like a baby without feeling silly, complain to Him, praise Him and just be transparent to Him. Best part of it is I know He is listening to me, He knows what I'm going through and He has all the answers I need=).....Melanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home